Here is where I will share sewing tips and sewing resources. You’ll also find my index of sewing projects. We enjoy sharing online sewing resources that I’ve come across to help the sewist needing answers to questions. They will be categorized below. I hope you find this page helpful for your sewing projects. I will be updating this page often as I come across articles, videos, and posts that will help with sewing.
I feel that once you have the basics of sewing down that you will find sewing gets easier and easier. Especially when you use sewing tips from others. Whether you sew from a pattern or draft up your own patterns; this page will be where you can find helpful sewing tips and information, tutorials, inspiration, and resources for your sewing. These tips and ideas will help you whether you are doing sewing for the home, costumes, sewing clothes, or hand-sewing and embroidery projects…
I fell in love with sewing while sitting by as a child watching my grandma sew. She kept me busy until I was old enough to learn by sorting buttons, threading needles for her, and going on shopping trips to pick out fabrics. Coming from a frugal household on a limited budget sewing can prove to be an invaluable skill. Whether you are sewing for pleasure or a need, I hope you find this page helpful.
- Be sure to subscribe to our latest sewing tips, projects, ideas, and tutorials!
Sewing Tips And Sewing Resources
This post may contain affiliate links, at no cost or price change to you. We will earn a small commission for qualifying purchases. I never recommend products I wouldn’t use myself. Visit here to see the site’s full disclosure. Visiting or purchasing from these links are at no charge to you.
How to Sew A Bird Case Cover
Sewing Projects for Home
- Easy Burlap and Lace Utensil Holders *
- Modern Rustic Table Cloth
- DIY Throw Pillows – See how to sew throw pillows with or without trim!
- Sassy Slippers with Foam Inserts Tutorial
- Sewing Pattern Love and School House Tunic (updated images coming soon)
- How to Sew a Pocket
Sewing for Kids
- Crowns from Recycled Capri Sun Pouches
- Back to School Sewing Roundup
- Teaching Kids to Sew
- Teaching Kids To Sew: Creative Kids The Complete Guide To Sewing
Sewing for Baby
- Receiving Blankets, Booties and Bootie Insert Tutorial *
- Baby Booties Tutorial * (Quick and Easy)
- Easy Sewing Patterns for Handmade Baby Gifts
- Burping Cloths For Baby *
- How To Sew A Banner / Bunting
How To Sew Zippers In Bags
Sewing Zipper Pouches, Clutches and Bags
- Make Your Own Fabric and How to Make Zipper Pouch Tutorial *
- 10 Zipper and Non-Zipper Pouches
- Wide Mouth Zipper Pouch
- Video Tutorial How to Install a Zipper for Pouches
- Sewing Clutches (video tutorial)
- Weekend DIY Inspiration Sewing Clutches / Patterns
DIY Lunch Bag
DIY Crop Top
DIY Crop Top easy sewing project or use the no-sew instructions that are included in the post.
- Little House on the Prairie Costume Part 1 & Tips
- Little House on The Prairie Costume Part 2 & Sewing Tips for Patterns
- Evil Queen Costume Part 1 *
- Evil Queen Costume Part 2
- Artemis Costume and Quiver
- No-Sew Coraline Costume DIY
- Wirt Costume DIY– Sew and No Sew Costume Options
- Free Sewing Projects and Patterns
- Schoolhouse Tunic
- Crafting and Sewing Books
- Free Sewing Patterns & Projects
Sewing Product Reviews
Sewing Articles to Help You
Sewing Inspiration And Sewing Tutorials
Sewing Video Tutorials
- Bag-Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch
- Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z
- Learn How To Piece, Patch, Quilt with Craftsy for FREE!
Sewing Books Reviews
Sewing Books Worth Owning
- Creative Kids The Complete Guide To Sewing
- Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts
- The Best of Sewing Machine Fun for Kids (book) we have used
- School of Sewing: Learn it, Teach it, Sew Together
- Sewing School: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
- Designing Clothes with the Flat Pattern Method (altering and pattern making)
- Hand Embroidery – Hand Sewing Magic
- Seasonal Flower Embroidery
SINGER 7258 Stylist Award-Winning 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with DVD, 10 Presser Feet, Metal Frame, and More
Singer Sewing Machine Features:
- 100 Stitch Sewing Machine with 10 Presser Feet Perfect For Crafting, Sewing, and Quilting
- Easy Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- LED Display Screen with Automatic Stitch Length and Width
- Easy-to-Load Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear Cover
- Electronic Auto Pilot allows you to sew without the foot pedal and easily adjust the maximum speed; 110-volt machine designed for the United States and Canadian use only
- I have the older Kenmore Version of this machine and love its speed control which is helpful for teaching kids or learning to sew yourself! My moms’ Singer lasted over 35 years!
- A Similar Option to what I sew on now is this Brother Machine. My machine is discontinued or I’d recommend the one I am using. But, these two machines are the closest matches! And I highly recommend either! With plenty of reviews and both sewn on by other family members that are sewers.
Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing Machine with 100 Built-in Stitches and Quilting Table
Brother Project Runway Limited Edition Sewing Machine Features:
- 100 built-in utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches, each with multiple stitch functions
- Super-wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches
- Built-In Sewing Font for Basic Monogramming
- Over-sized Wide Table for Quilting and Larger Projects
- Accessories are inside the machine
Learn To Sew
Want to learn how to sew? Need more sewing tips and tutorials?
Here are a few online classes starting with basic sewing studio onto various sewing techniques. 100% guaranteed! Check out the free previews, an overview of classes and what you’ll be sewing and learning!
- Sewing Studio
- 40 Techniques Every Sewer Should Know – Gail Yellen
- Sew Smarter: 30 Professional Techniques
- Beginner Serging
- Another option is paying a small fee for a month’s access (or annual) to Learn to Sew There are many sewing levels of online sewing classes. To give you an example they have a sew-along like this Bag Of The Month class or how to sew a bow tie…You can get a month’s free trial, with one free class to keep forever just to check it out! *terms and conditions subject to change. They have over 1000 online classes for many things besides sewing too, so check out these swoon-worthy classes and grab your free trial today!
Easy Sewing Projects