Lemon Chicken Soup – Packed with fresh vegetables, bite-sized pieces of tender chicken and noodles. This soup is brightly flavored with the addition of lemon. Lemony chicken soup can comfort those who are sick or just warm you up when you eat a big bowl of this soup.
Looking for another soup recipe to cook? Be sure to see all our soup recipes.
Lemon Chicken Soup
I happened to be visiting my daughter and out of the blue got sick, no warning at all! The cold I got went straight into my chest, then into a cough that took all my energy. This made my visit into a lay on the couch type of visit. I seriously slept until it was time to go see my granddaughters dance in a performance. (They danced their hearts out!)
While visiting my daughter made me soup to help me feel better! It was so good. I tasted a flavor in the soup that I didn’t recognize from my traditional chicken soups and asked what was in it. It was LEMON in chicken soup.
This small addition to the soup brings a bright flavorful addition that you will love. When I got home still feeling under the weather I made a big pot of this lemony chicken soup. I asked her to share her own recipe with me and added two additional ingredients making it such a flavorful chicken soup with lemon. I am excited to share this yummy chicken soup recipe with you!
Chicken Soups we love to make
You get the point we love chicken soup! You can find them even more chicken soup recipes, with our index of soup recipes. Try any of these recipes or this lemony chicken soup recipe!
How To Make Lemon Chicken Soup
- 1-1/2 lb. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2-32 ounce organic chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 4 celery sticks
- 4 carrots
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 lemon or real lemon juice
- 6 baby white potatoes
- 1 (half) seeded poblano pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 chicken bullion cubes + 3 cups water or use better than bullion
- egg noodles (1 – 2 cups cooked separate per package directions and rinsed in cold water)
Wash, prep and chop all your vegetables.
- Peel and chop the onion
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves
- Wash, seed, rinse and chop your peppers
- Wash and cut your potatoes into quarters
- Quarter your lemon and remove any seeds
Prep your chicken for the soup
If you didn’t purchase diced, cubed chicken cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces. Do not use this cutting board for vegetables after cutting raw chicken!
Saute your vegetables in olive oil on a medium/low heat
- Add in the diced chicken pieces and spices.
- After your spices and the chicken are added. Stir until the chicken meat turns white.
- Next, add in the two 32-ounces boxes of organic chicken broth.
- Then squeeze the entire lemon into the soup.
- Bring soup to a boil, and reduce to a simmer cooking the chicken soup for at least 30 minutes.
Cook your noodles separately in a pot according to the noodle directions for al dente
The reason I like to cook my noodles separate is then they don’t soak up all the broth! Especially, if there are leftovers. (I keep the noodles in a glass container with a lid) It is easy to add the pre-cooked noodles to each bowl pf the lemon chicken soup when serving. TIP– Rinse the noodles with cold water (in the colander) to keep them from sticking!
Lemony Chicken Soup