Do you enjoy recipes that are easy, and done in under an hour? We do. This Creamy Mushroom Chicken recipe is awesome for any night of the week. It’s an easy dinner idea that we stumbled across, and adapted. We love easy chicken recipes. Do you?
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
When everyone loves their dinner it’s a win for me. Since we make a lot of chicken recipes, varying our meal planning is a must.
Today’s meal plan recipe is one that I adapted slightly. Most items you’ll have in your pantry. Just grab your organic chicken breasts, fresh cremini mushrooms, baby spinach, and heavy cream. I always have fresh garlic on hand. Do you? If not add that to your list.
It’s pretty dark in my kitchen this time of year. Unless I am cooking in the morning, which isn’t going to happen, cooking on the weekend or heating up leftovers for lunch. I’m out of luck for day time photos. But, at least this gives you an idea of how this dish looks while cooking.
Chicken and Mushrooms
Hello, one-pot meals. I love using my 5-quart copper skillet for meals like this. It is oven heat safe to 500 degrees and is awesome for cooking so many meals. From this dish, pasta sauces, and even baking macaroni. Yep, a new macaroni and cheese recipe is coming soon.
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- First, you are going to wash, and slice your mushrooms, rinse your baby spinach. Chop up about a cup of baby spinach. Mince your garlic. Keeping them separate, in bowls if you like. Measure out 2 tablespoons of flour in a ramekin. Have 1 cup of chicken broth pre-measured out.
- Pull out your olive oil, butter, parmesan cheese, and spices.
- Now you are ready to cook the boneless skinless chicken breasts in olive oil. Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side (or less if they are thin cut).
- Move cooked chicken to side on a plate, or big bowl while you sauté your mushrooms and garlic. Then add your mushrooms, and to the same plate or bowl.
- Next, you will make your sauce in the pan by adding in your butter, and flour until thickens. Be sure to keep stirring. Next add in your chicken broth, cream, and stir constantly. Then add in your parmesan cheese and spices. After well mixed, let thicken.
- Add in your spinach letting it wilt slightly, then add back your pre-cooked mushrooms, garlic, and chicken.
- Garnish with chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional).
Serving Creamy Mushroom Chicken with pasta?
Notes for Serving with pasta
If serving with pasta, follow directions on package al dente. Boil water about the time you are letting your broth, flour, parmesan cheese thicken.
Serve with a pasta or mashed potatoes.
- If serving with pasta, after the chicken is cooked you can take out your chicken, and cut it up in bite-size pieces. You can chop your mushrooms up smaller too.
- On this day, we omitted the spinach in the recipe and used a garnish.
- Garnish with chopped fresh Italian parsley.
I think you are going to love this!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe! Bonus, you get a free printable binder for all your recipes. Plus, so much more!
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Chicken Recipes Pinterest
Looking for chicken recipes?
See all our Easy Chicken Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you’ll probably enjoy our Easy Chicken Chili Mac Recipe (30-minute recipe) This is a healthy version of a chili mac recipe, using chicken.
What’s your favorite chicken dish?