I have to tell you making Carrot Cake Cookies is so easy. Mix up everything, scoop it onto your baking sheets. Pop them into the oven. Let them cool either serve as is. Or make them frosted carrot cake cookies or make them into carrot cake sandwich cookies.
Carrot Cake Cookies
What I can tell you about these cookies is they are super yummy frosted and worth the extra step. If you aren’t looking for carrot cookies here’s all our cookie recipes.
You also might like our other Easter cookies such as these brownie cookies, Birds Nest Kripie Treats, Robin’s Nest Cookies, Chocolate Chip Dipped Cookies the list goes on just check them out when your done with this post. We’ve been going full on carrot lately. I’m surprised they aren’t calling me carrot top.
Carrot cake sandwich cookies
Let’s make this carrot cookies recipe!
Ingredients for making carrot cake cookies
- brown sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple drained and chopped (or 1 can chunks drained and chopped)
- shredded carrots ( I used organic baby carrots but, any will do)
- chopped pecans
- flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- If frosting you will need; vanilla frosting Or make a cream cheese frosting; 4 ounces cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
How to make Carrot Cake Cookies
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop your pecans, add to a small bowl and set them to the side until needed.
- To make your flour mixture: Measure all your dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Whisk slowly and set to the side until needed.
- Shred your carrots in your food processor – Add to a bowl and reserve until needed.
- To make your cookie dough; Combine your softened butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, drained pineapple and mix together.
- Add your carrots and mix when combined.
- Next add your chopped pecans and mix.
- Now, add your flour mixture slowly to all your previously mixed items.
- Repeat adding your flour mixture until it’s all mixed in.
- Scoop onto pre lined or prepared baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done and slightly browned; about 15-20 minutes
- Let your cookies cool before serving or frosting or making into sandwich cookies
- Frost with a cream cheese frosting or store bought vanilla frosting
Scooping the cookies is so much easier with a cookie scoop. I also like using these baking mats. (The baking mats are reusable, easy to wash and dry for storage) By using both the cookie scoop and mat with sizing the cookies bake uniform in size.
How to make the sandwich cookies
- Take two cooled cookies
- Frost the cookie bottom
- Place the frosted cookie together with a second cookie so the cookie top is un-frosted on top sandwiching them together
- Repeat process until all your cookies are frosted and put together
- Place on a cookie plate to serve when done
Need a video to help you with this process? How to make sandwich cookies (step by step video)
- New here? Be sure to subscribe (Grab your free bonus too!)
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Cookie Recipes Pinterest
Looking for more sweets to make? Or other cookie recipes?