Dear Creatives, I had the chance to try out some Infinity Permanent Markers from The Write Dudes. I was super excited as I am always looking for quality art & craft supplies that suit not only me but, that I can share with Sammie too. Especially as her interests in drawing & illustrating are growing. It’s always fun to get creative with quality permanent markers. You don’t have to be an artist to get great uses out of Infinity Permanent Markers either.Perfect for crafting & illustration the pens are bright bold & fun, but also great for marking containers…! They are also great for school projects. I will share some ideas & projects that we did with them. Then enter to win a package of pens for yourself.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored campaign from Sverve. These are all my honest opinions of the product s & results from using them that I am sharing. All images, tips & opinions are 100% my own.
First thing I decided to create some illustrations (images later in post) & just writing with the Infinity Permanent Markers just to get a feel for them. Which means, how the pen flows, grip – feel , does the pen bleed, types of paper its great for & then I also decided to try the pens on fabric. Yes, you heard me right, fabric. You can use permanent markers on fabrics you just have to test them out & then either use a heat gun or what I used is an iron & good old fashioned wax paper to heat set the ink. (washing anything with pens separate in cold water will be recommended)
Qualities of Infinity Markers:
- Quick Drying
- Non Toxic
- Fade Proof
- Acid Free
- Bright Colors
- Great versatility for a variety of projects from labeling, to arts & crafts to school projects
After I used the pens for illustrating on paper a bit I decided to try something different. I took a strip of muslin & using the pens sketched outline of feathers & colored them with the Infinity Permanent Markers.
Of course I wanted to try all the colors so I varied my designs. I also wanted to create small lines, bolder lines along with using the pens for filling in & creating dots.
Ok, so now I have this strip of fabric that I decided turned out too good to just leave it as is. I decided to make a pouch or clutch for holding our sketchbooks out of the fabric, using the strip all the way around the clutch.
Tip*if you try & make something out of the penned fabric make sure to let it try completely, then heat set it prior to making your items.
Then Sammie ( age 11) made me some of her illustrated characters she is working on. Summer is so much fun when you can sit down together on a hot day where it’s cool and have fun with pens!
Infinity Markers Performance results from our using them:
- Feel great in your hands & aren’t over sized
- Have great flow to the ink allowing you to drag lines without putting pressure
- The pens have a lot of ink so high pressure for use is not required
- Can easily make thick or thin lines
- Can fill areas while blending well
- Works well on several types of paper
- *NOTE still bleeds through back with 90lb. paper or lighter ( we didn’t test illustration board or other papers)
- Works well on my tested Muslin Fabric (will bleed to side if you hold pen down too long & not pulling on fabric)
Tips for working with permanent markers:
- Note: with thinner papers the pens ink will bleed through the back (which is common with permanent markers)
- Make sure to work on a surface that is protected if using lighter weight papers & fabrics!
- Or lay down a protective paper, plastic mat …when working with permanent marker pens
- Pens will bleed a little if you press to hard on fabric as fabric absorbs ink fast so work light handed
Enter any of the ways to win your own set via the RaffleCopter! (USA & Canadian Residents Only) Sorry International Fans
a Rafflecopter giveaway
MFSP: $9.79 Infinity NEON Fine Point Permanent Markers 12ct package (These pens come in various package sizes)
You might like to visit The Write Dudes online at their store where they carry a variety of products for home, office & lockers.
Want to know where to purchase Infinity Markers & connect with The Write Dudes:
- The Write Dudes Facebook
- Online Store: The Board Dudes
- Grab .75 cents off your purchase
What is your favorite thing to do with Permanent Markers?