Today I’m sharing another one of our treat recipes. We made Birds Nest Krispie Treats. These treats are super easy to make for spring, Easter, a party treat or any other celebrations. I think they’d be a cute baby shower treat too. Honestly, these are the easiest sweet treats to make.
Birds Nest Krispie Treats
We created the bird’s nests out of Krispie rice cereal and added Mike and Ike jelly beans, and Peeps to them. Plus added sprinkles to make them festive.
This is such a fun spring treat to make with kids and teens.
How to make Birds Nest Krispie Treats
This is an easy no-bake treat. You’ll love how fun and easy these Krispie birds nests are to make. What’s not to love about adding all the colorful candies to the bird’s nests, and into your mouth?
- Pre-spray your cupcake tin, and set to the side
- Melt your marshmallows and butter.
- (Melt marshmallows in a microwave measuring cup or bowl for 1 min, stir, heat 1 more min. if needed)
- In a separate bowl melt butter the same way only 35 sec. at a time, until melted.
- Add them to your bowl of Krispie cereal.
- Mix the 3 ingredients together.
- Scoop into a cupcake tin.
- Use the back of the scoop handle to indent, and shape your birds’ nest.
- Sprinkle a little edible grass onto your nest. Let the nests set up, and marshmallow harden.
- Remove from cupcake tin, add to your serving plate.
- Add in your jelly beans.
- Top with peeps for the kids.
NOTE: All the amounts you need are in the printable treat recipe at the end of the post. To get your peeps to fit into your birds’ nest, use clean kitchen scissors to cut the outside ring off the peep. Add a little of the edible grass to that area, it will minimize the white.
We really enjoy making treats for seasonal holidays, birthdays, and other celebrations. Do you? Grab the printable recipe below!
- We did receive free products in exchange for sharing a recipe of our choice made with the products.
Looking for more treat ideas? Or PEEP® candy ideas?
With Easter around the corner, you might like to try other PEEPS® recipes, and crafts. You can make my Krispies Birds Nest Treats Or make these Peeps Brownie Nests Treat. It might be one I try next. Another place to find fun crafts and tasty recipe is marshmallowpeeps.com
You can find more of our spring cookies and treat recipes below.
Ideas for Easter
- Fun, and easy DIY Easter Treat Bags
Do you need ideas to make for spring celebrations?
Spring and Easter Cookies
- Birds nest cookies are so easy to make!
- Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies fun to make and so easy!
- See how we added PEEPS to the top of our cupcakes. Plus tips for baking cupcakes, and how to get the perfect cupcake every time.
What flavor Peeps are there?
A few new flavored that are our favorite PEEPS® flavors are Party Cake PEEPS®, and chocolate-dipped PEEPS® There are always so many new flavors of PEEPS® coming out all the time such as Pancakes & Syrup, and Sour Cherry.
Dress up serving dish by sprinkling candy sprinkles or jelly beans around your serving dish or tray.
Birds Nest Cookies
Do you love adding sweet treats, to your Spring Easter festivities? Have you ever made birds nest Krispie treats or birds nest cookies before?
Looking for cookie recipes to make for spring? You might like our cookie recipes too!
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Cookies on Pinterest
- Cookie Recipes
- Treat Recipes
Will you try making Birds Nest Krispie Treats? Would you top them with Peeps or jelly beans? Or both?
Cookies and Treat Ideas
- Treat recipes
- Baking recipes
- No-bake cakes, and pies
- Olive Oil Sugar Cookies (with lemon zest)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
New here? Be sure to subscribe. Bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder.